Parental Controls Do not work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-15 03:03:42
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: 1.4.7

This is more of a public service announcement, I purchased the Deco M5 a few days ago, I switched because I was looking for the extra parental control capabilities, if you are in the same position as I currently am, I would not recommend this product. The parental controls do not work or are spotty at best (I saw it work on one device out of five and would not block all the sites), I can turn off the internet on the devices but for blocking sites and for the time controls this is a subpar product. I will return the product and look for another solution and I would suggest that you learn from my mistakes and skip the sale altogether.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Parental Controls Do not work
2020-09-15 18:45:25

@Noneya 

If parental controls are not working in your application, please reach out to our support team so they may assist you in configuring it.

Options
2020-09-24 19:48:53

@Tony I just sent an M9 mesh with wired backhaul and the latest firmware. My experience on the parental controls so far is similar - I set two devices to a child profile to disable during the night. The chromebook wouldnt reconnect 45 mins after the block expired. I had to take the chromebook out of the profile, remove the network from the chromebook AND reboot the TP system before it would reconnect.  I haven't checked the other device in the profile yet as my kid was almost late to class..

I wish you could just pause a specific device easy. I had to create a dummy profile and assign a device to it, then pause the profile. 

Options
2020-11-24 03:03:03

@Nopantz was this solved? Similar issue with the Deco-x60

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 888

Replies: 3

Related Articles