Dimmer switch not obeying the schedule

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-15 06:16:42
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My new dimmer switch allows me to set a schedual on the app but the switch does not respond to it. I can control the switch with my app but the schedual function does not work. I tried sunset and sunrise, spefic time and even reset the time zone as suggested and reinstalled the app. Nothing seems to fix this. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Dimmer switch not obeying the schedule
2020-09-15 20:21:29

@Gus94506 

Look at the switch device settings to make sure the time is correct, if not go to the Kasa settings, and resync the time settings. While in the Kasa settings menu check to make sure there are not any firmware updates.

If you happen to have a different smart phone set up a schedule on that to see if the issue follows.

Options
2020-09-16 17:58:15

@Tony Is there a trick to getting someone from your support team to reply to a thread here?  I've posted 2 threads and no one from TP Link has responded.  I'm about to return these switches as it's been a month since buying them with no solution.  

Options
2020-09-16 19:21:45

@Tony after a rest, time zone sync, check for firmware update (none) and app reinstall, It started working. Can't tell which of the did the trick. 

Options
2021-01-04 19:59:50

@Gus94506 Had same issue.  Pretty sure the reset with a 10 second hold down of the button did the trick.  I had help from tech support to get this done.  My first reset attempt apparently did not actually reset as I did not understand the need for the long button push.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 585

Replies: 4