Maximizing coverage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Maximizing coverage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Maximizing coverage
Maximizing coverage
2020-09-15 16:54:10
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: Not sure

I have Bell 1 GB internet and a 2 deco system. One at the modem in the basement gives me wireless speeds of about 125mbps. Upstairs my 2nd deco gives me about 25mbps. Is there a way to boost this or are those normal numbers? I do have a hardwired connection upstairs, can I plug the base unit into it or does it need to be beside modem? Or can I plug upstairs unit into it to get better speeds? I'm not sure where to find what hardware version I'm running, IPv4 is listed as dynamic IP was the closest thing to v4 I could find. Sorry if not correct. Thanks in advance 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Maximizing coverage
2020-09-16 22:45:11

@Cjm 

The main Deco would not need to be near the modem, you only need an Ethernet cable going to it that provides an internet connection. So if you have an Ethernet cable from the modem ran up to the main floor you can connect your main Deco to that. The second Deco can either be wired to the main Deco or have it placed in another area to further increase coverage. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 186

Replies: 1