Ring video doorbell 2 won’t connect to wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-16 23:15:15
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.6

All other devices in house are connecting but Ring video doorbell 2 won’t connect to wifi, tried to connect to 2.4 GHz, no luck

Options
4 Reply
Re:Ring video doorbell 2 won’t connect to wifi
2020-09-17 15:01:15

@whoisrico 

Make sure your networks are not named the same could be confusing the ring doorbell.

You should have something like

2.4G: mywifi

5G: mywifi-5G

Change the channel for the 2.4G network to 1 or 6, then try to connect to the 2.4G again.

Options
2021-08-29 02:45:58

Just to add my solution... I had a problem setting up my Ring doorbell to my TP Link. I narrowed it down to the Ring doorbell not supporting the mesh system. I ended up getting aNetGear wifi extender and hardwiring it to my TP Link Router. From there I simply set a password on the wifi extender by typing the IP Address into a web browser and then setting up my Ring doorbell using using the network created by the wifi extender. Hope the helps someone. 

Options
2021-12-11 10:43:27
I am having problems connecting my TP-Link Extender (AC1200) to my Ring Video Doorbell 4. I can get it to connect to my phone hotspot, but when I try to get it to use the extender, it won't work despite many tries and relocating it. The Ring device sees four bars of wifi signal, but refuses to connect. I hope it doesn't come down to trying to run an Ethernet cable to the device...
Options
2022-05-08 12:49:56
did you ever fix this?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3702

Replies: 4