3 way light switch constantly loosing wi-fi connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-17 06:18:48 - last edited 2020-09-17 19:28:09
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Just installed an HS210 kit for my garage lights, 1 of the switches constantly looses wi-fi connection (3X) while the other is fine. Once connectivity is established with the switch in question it will function normally, then the connection will drop out after less than a minute with the light on.

The switches share the same common (hot) connection and neutrals, they are right next to each other.

Sounds like a defective switch, concur?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:3 way light switch constantly loosing wi-fi connection-Solution
2020-09-17 16:21:53 - last edited 2020-09-17 19:28:09

@kalanikaau 

If you have not done so yet, I would factory reset it by holding the small reset for 10 seconds, then set it up again. You could also swap the location with the other switch (not the other HS210) to see if it continues to drop. If so, I would reach out to support.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:3 way light switch constantly loosing wi-fi connection-Solution
2020-09-17 16:21:53 - last edited 2020-09-17 19:28:09

@kalanikaau 

If you have not done so yet, I would factory reset it by holding the small reset for 10 seconds, then set it up again. You could also swap the location with the other switch (not the other HS210) to see if it continues to drop. If so, I would reach out to support.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:3 way light switch constantly loosing wi-fi connection
2020-09-17 19:22:10

@Tony 

You, sir are a wizard! 

I wasted nearly an hour speaking with someone from "tech support" who clearly did not know how a 3 way lighting circuit functions.

After that fiasco I saw your reply to my post, re-setting the switch solved the problem.

Mahalo for saving my sanity and the day!

yes

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 689

Replies: 2

Related Articles