some devices not connecting to WIFI

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-17 17:32:56
Model: Archer C4000  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20190827 rel 78773

I went from a netgear R7000 to the TP Link C4000. I was greeted with faster speed and more options. my issue is that all my previous devices worked wireless, iphones, fire sticks, fire tvs, imacs, ipads, tables and alexa dots. No issues.

When i moved to the C4000 i had 1 iphone, my imac, xbox 1 and 2 alex dots refuse to connect. i verified the settings with my netgear vs C4000 and they were all set. no matter how i tried to connect the above devices nothing would. I saw in a earlier thread that somone said try a guest net and see, and low and behold it worked.

I am at a loss, i want to use the wireless all combined on one SSID, not 4 and defiently not a guest network. Has anyone else has this issue?

Options
2 Reply
Re:some devices not connecting to WIFI
2020-09-17 18:31:29

@nssk979 

Remove any saved profile/network for those devices so when they connect it would be as if they are connecting to the network for the first time.

Options
Re:some devices not connecting to WIFI
2020-09-17 18:43:01

@Tony I have done that for the xbox, iphone and with amazon dots I deleted them all togther. i wiped the router started it as new, i even left the factory default SSIDs and tried that too. I have 4 amazon dots, only 2 will work. i have 5 iphones, only 1 will not connect to wifi. i have 2 xbox 1, only 1 will connect. It's just a weird situation. if i have my netgear everything works fine.

I made a guest 2.4ghz account and all the devices that won't connect to the std 2.4 and 5 ghz nets will.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 470

Replies: 2

Related Articles