Dimmer Switches can't be named

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-18 16:35:07
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version: V8
Firmware Version: I don't know

Spent an hour on chat with support. Spent an hour on the phone with support.  They decided to escalate to higher level engineers - haven't heard back. Tired of looking at a wall switch hanging out of the wall waiting to be fixed.

I get to the place where I'm asked to name the HS220 switch.  This has happened on 2 different dimmers, same location.  My wifi is great. 6 Unifi access points.

The light can be controlled from the switch. The app shows it as TPLInk-whatever.  There is a solid red wifi on the switch and the white lit circle.

Thanks for any help.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Dimmer Switches can't be named
2020-09-18 22:48:42

@stevenjo57 

It may be due to the current wireless settings of the router. Have you tried changing the wireless mode to WPA or change the encryption and tested on that?

Options
2020-09-18 23:26:24

@Tony No.  I have about 80 things on my wifi that work fine.  Why would I change that just for a couple of light switches?  Even your other light switches work fine.  It's these two dimmers that don't.

Options
2020-09-22 21:28:51

@stevenjo57 

A previous user mentioned swapping their new router (ASUS) with another of their old router and the V2 connected fine. 

It may be due to a wireless setting. 

I would recommend reaching out to our support.

Another thing you can do in the meantime is to enable the guest network and modify those wireless settings to see if the two switches can connect to those.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 346

Replies: 3

Related Articles