Adding Router to Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Adding Router to Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Adding Router to Network
Adding Router to Network
2020-09-19 21:51:08
Model: AP300  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 5.8

I have an AC1200 setup as a LAN (wired) to a Raspberry Pi 4 for access as a music player. I want to connect it wirelessly to my home network (xfinity) which is located in another room (w/extenders). I can not seem to either find the information I need or get it to work. I cannot move my TP-Link setup due to the location of my receiver which my Pi DAC needs to be attached to.

Thouogh I am computer and software savy, I am not IT network savy. I appreciate any information that will help me to accomplish what I am try to do.

Note: It would not allow me to select the proper model number. My router is really a Archer A5 (AC1200)

Options
1 Reply
Re:Adding Router to Network
2020-09-21 20:24:45

@Hwrd69 

Connecting the A5 to another network device to receive the internet involves setting up WDS Bridging. You can only set up the router to connect on one band, not both.

Here is the FAQ that shows how: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/440/

The interface is a bit different but the procedure is the same.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 289

Replies: 1

Related Articles