AX6000 “cannot connect” error on multiple devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-24 12:40:00 - last edited 2020-09-24 12:41:05
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 2020714 rel. 18254

Periodically having an issue with the AX6000 wherein multiple devices (iPhone 11 Pro (WiFi 6), 16" MacBook Pro, iPad Pro) lose wifi connection seemingly at random and then pop up a "cannot connect to [ssid]" error when I try to manually connect to the network. Tried switching wifi off/on on the devices as well as "forgetting" the network and then re-connecting and re-entering the password (same result). This is also not specific to Apple devices, because my Withings smart scale also was unable to connect to wifi during these periods.

I restart the power on the router which helps temporarily (although it takes an excessively long time for this router to reboot successfully, making this very inconvenient), but the issue returns within a few days. Sometimes power cycling the impacted devices helps, sometimes it doesn't.

Since this happens across a number of devices, I'm fairly sure there is some kind of bug with the router's firmware. All of these devices previously worked seamlessly and completely without issue on my previous router (a very cheap old Netgear one).

Options
1 Reply
Re:AX6000 “cannot connect” error on multiple devices
2020-09-24 20:14:17

@Eab6287 

Have you tried changing the wireless modes so that they exclude AX?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 733

Replies: 1