Archer C9 - Upload speed cuts in half in wired mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-27 05:44:45 - last edited 2020-09-27 05:47:22
Model: Archer C9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Archer C9(US)_V1_180125

Hi,

When I turn off the WiFi and use the modem through wired mode for my PS4, I get half the upload speed. My upload is 1 MB through WiFi, but when I only used the wired i get 500 Kb/s. Can anyone help why this happens?

Through wire, only my PS4 is connected to the modem. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C9 - Upload speed cuts in half in wired mode
2020-09-27 14:30:03
I'd look at QoS and see what it is set to? Question, is D/L speed OK and the same as other devices? Have you tried a different cable?
Options
2020-09-28 05:54:49

@IrvSp YEs. The D/L Speed is okay. Unfortunately I still have a copper ADSL connection, so I usually shut down the WiFi, so that all upload speed of 1 MB is for the PS4. 

Running checks It still only goes up to 0.5 which is quite strange. I have tried a different cable and the result is the same. The upload speeds on WiFi are around 0.8 is no one else is using the internet. 

Could you tell me the QoS settings?

Options
2020-09-28 14:14:08

WaleedKhan wrote

Could you tell me the QoS settings?

@WaleedKhan 

From the C9 V1 emulator, it looks like it is under Advanced, Bandwidth.Control. Two tabs on the left as well under it, Controls Settings and Rules List.

First make sure the proper speeds are set. I'll assume it is otherwise wired wouldn't work correctly. However there could be a RULE that impacts who gets what? First thing I'd do is under Bandwidth Control Settings is uncheck it and see if that fixes it? Same as QoS is on most routers. Help for that page:

--------------------

Bandwidth Control Settings Help

In this page you can disable or enable the Bandwidth Control feature. The Bandwidth Control Rules will work properly only when the Bandwidth Control feature is enabled.

• Enable Bandwidth Control - If enabled, the Bandwidth Control rules will take effect.
  • Egress Bandwidth - The upload speed through the WAN port.
  • Ingress Bandwidth - The download speed through the WAN port.

----------------------

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 631

Replies: 3