ARCHER A6 SMART CONNECT

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ARCHER A6 SMART CONNECT

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
ARCHER A6 SMART CONNECT
ARCHER A6 SMART CONNECT
2020-09-28 10:25:13
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

i use archer a6 as an access point and i use is more than the root router. so can i use smart connect in the access point mode??

Options
2 Reply
Re:ARCHER A6 SMART CONNECT
2020-09-29 18:32:29

@Sankalp 

No, if you want smart connect enabled you will need to set the A6 in router mode.

Options
Re:ARCHER A6 SMART CONNECT
2021-05-15 22:43:23

@Tony 

Surely this must be a typo?  Are you saying that the Archer A6 V2.0 firmware V 1.17 just purchased new in May 2021 is not only incapable of seeing seeing connected clients in AP mode, but also incapable of serving the same ssid on 2 and 5 ghz?  I thought that feature has been around many years.  The UI is letting me configure it that way without indicating there is a problem, but yet devices that are 3 feet away and CLEARLY 5g capable are being given a 2gh connection.  Is there no workaround for either of these 2 major issues?  Does connecting it to switch via lan port or via wan port make a difference?  Perhaps static ip vs Smart IP(DHCP) for its lan assinment from the main router?  Perhaps some cron job from pfsense to flood it with arp pings or something?  These are not minor firmware bugs, these are well industry standards expected in a device like this for many years. 

Look I'll implement a workaround fine just tell me what to do, but if thats not this thing is going back to the store in a week.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 632

Replies: 2

Related Articles