Votes

More Smart Actions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

More Smart Actions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
More Smart Actions
More Smart Actions
2020-09-29 22:33:46 - last edited 2021-09-07 09:13:27

Will we ever get more Smart Actions? 

I've replaced most of the switches in my house with Kasa switches, and the auto-timer is great, but being limited to only 3 of them is a major hinderence.

Options
3 Reply
Re:More Smart Actions
2020-09-30 17:40:54 - last edited 2021-09-07 09:13:27

@WNTR 

This is still currently being discussed, but nothing definitive.

Options
2021-08-16 22:54:03 - last edited 2021-09-07 09:13:27

@Tony Is there an update on this feature request?

I have nearly 30 switches/plugs and need to use Smart Actions to control on/off of groups from a switch.

Thanks

Options
2021-08-17 08:28:23 - last edited 2021-09-07 09:13:27

@WNTR @TP-Link 

I agree more smart actions are needed. One of the main reasons I like Kasa is the fact that their smart devices do not require their own "Kasa Hub" (minus camera for storage), but that means that they rely on Alexa or Google Assist to handle Voice controls and the only other way of interacting with the devices is through your phone/the app.

I would really like to see simple smart actions in the app that work like "If-Then" statements. For instance: The app can already tell when Sunrise and Sunset are so I would like to be able to tell it "If it is past Sunset AND Device0 is ON, After x hours/minutes, 'ASK' me if I would like to turn it off" Also, more "cross-device" action compatibility. Like the ability to turn a device on/off based on the status of another device.

There is another possibility, but it leaves out Android users and that would be to allow iPhone users to build Shortcuts that would be similar to smart actions.

--<Sly>--
Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 788

Replies: 3

Voters 3