Deco M5 fails to connect to internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-30 00:00:44
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a Deco M5 whole home system connected to a Netgear Cable Modem model CM1200.  I recently uplugged the modem and was in the process of relocating it to another room but the move did not happen so I returned the modem to its previous location.  the Modem is connected to the internet but the Deco main device is now blinking red.

I have been unable to get the main unit connected so I performed a hard reset of the M5.  The device entered setup mode and recognized everything as it is supposed to and setup a network and then connected to the network but when the device attempts to connect to the internet I get the following message and the blue light turns red  

I have unplugged the modem multiple times and have made certain the Deco is plugged into the No. lan port on the modem.  I have a cat 5 cable plugged into the No. Lan port and extended to my computer and everything works correctly.

Does anyone have any possible solutions?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M5 fails to connect to internet
2020-09-30 17:51:36

@THop 

Leave the Deco powered on, and try rebooting only the modem. What you need to happen is for the modem to recognize the Deco (router) and bind to it.

If that still is not working contact the ISP and have them reset the MAC binding so it can latch onto the Deco.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 898

Replies: 1

Related Articles