Router not pausing internet like instructed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-06 22:27:19
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0.3.

I noticed when I tell the router to pause the internet on my daughter's chromebook it stops recording the time she's been on it and the sights she goes to but she can still access the internet just fine.  Someone needs to fix this issue.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Router not pausing internet like instructed
2020-10-07 17:12:29

@charlietango70 

Has there been anything done or tired since finding the Chromebook still has internet access?

What is the specific build number you are running for the router?

Options
2020-10-08 16:48:31 - last edited 2020-10-08 16:52:01

@Tony I've restarted the router, tried manually pausing, taking the bedtime off and turning it back on. Nothing seems to be working, nothing else has changed, it was working correctly.

Options
2020-10-08 21:28:09

@charlietango70 

Do you know if the Chromebook has a VPN connection?

Aside from the Chromebook, have you added a different computer to see if the issue exists on the second computer or just with the Chromebook?

Do you recall anything changed from when it was working to now?

Options
2020-10-08 23:49:12

@Tony I'm pretty positive the Chromebook doesn't have a VPN. It is a school laptop, I currently have everything on my network running through my Pi-Hole via DNS change via my router. The Chromebook was bypassing the time controls before this though. The strange thing about it is if I tell it to pause the internet connection it shows no activity for the laptop but it can access the internet, if I unpause it then it will show all the traffic and websites its been to. The only thing that has changed was that I had unpaused it a couple of times so my daughter could finish some things up for school, I try to not let her sit on the laptop all day long.

Options
2020-10-09 17:42:16

@charlietango70 

Have you tried testing with a different computer? Are you able to replicate that or is it just the Chromebook with the odd issue?

Options