Using Roomba 675 (2.4Ghz) on Deco M9 Plus

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-07 13:23:57
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.2

As of today we have two access points installed, where I copied network name and password from our old WiFi router for the sake of easiness.

That is what I thought, because of a smart TV , a chromecast 4K, a Roomba 675 etc etc etc.

Now that little vacuum cleaner is giving me some headaches. It "runs" on 2.4Ghz, as the only older device in this place. And to communicate with it, on the old wifi we had 3 different networks. Clearly named 5ghz, 2.4ghz and guest. We could communicate with our phones via the 5ghz network and the router would talk 2.4ghz with the Roomba.

Now the new Deco M9 Plus operates on those two bands with one network name. And that caused some trouble because I had to tell my Roomba to start talking to a differently named network. So disconnected the new Deco set-up, plugged in old Wifi and changed the name of my 2.4ghz network to be called the 5ghz network. So that name/password settings would be stored in Roomba correctly. So after name change and succesfull set-up of Roomba I unplugged old system. Fired up the M9 and Roomba connected to it. yeey!

But somehow this doesn't seem to work at the moment with this new system. I cannot change my iPhone's connection type to 2.4 manually? So I can't talk to my Roomba while my phone is on 5ghz. Does the system actively block devices on different bands to talk to each other? What can I do to fix this?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Using Roomba 675 (2.4Ghz) on Deco M9 Plus
2020-10-07 20:09:40

@Tommel 

Devices connected to the 2.4G and 5G are all on the same IP subnet so they will be able to talk to each other unless you have devices connected to the guest network.

Have you looked to see if the Roomba is on a different Deco node or the same Deco node of your phone?

Options
2020-10-07 20:39:35

@Tony thanks for your reply. Exactly what I thought... It should work right? So hear this... just came home, had a look again and both devices connected. I open my Roomba app... and it connected. Could start the little crawler and now I am delighted. Why it works now and not when I posted this? I don't know... Assume the devices needed same warming up to each other?

Options
2020-10-07 21:48:43

@Tommel 

I've seen a similar issue you first mentioned with Sonos speakers, but not with a Roomba. I really can't say for sure either what might have clicked.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1648

Replies: 3

Related Articles