Can one deco connect to another deco ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-09 05:44:18 - last edited 2020-10-09 05:45:30

Hello,

I have 4 floors building with concrete floors. I just wanted to know if I can keep the base router at the top floor and keep 1 deco at each floor. Can 1 deco connect to another?

OR , Each Deco should be in the range of base router?

Please help me with device that I need to buy?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can one deco connect to another deco ?
2020-10-09 21:26:12

@Roger1425 

You can have a Deco wired to another Deco in a daisy chain topology.

So for the first Deco, one port will be wired to the modem, the other will be wired to the second Deco. The second Decos first port will be wired from the first Deco, and the second port to the third Deco, etc.

If you have the Deco units wired together, they do not need to be able to reach the main Deco or each other so having one Deco on every floor should work.

If you are looking for something affordable I would probably go for the Deco M4 (three pack), and then buy the single M4. 

You can also mix them if you want, for example, say you wanted the Deco X20 (sold in three), you can get a single Deco M5.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 694

Replies: 1

Related Articles