Trouble connecting to cell phone network extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-10 01:48:14

I updated my modem with Spectrum, now my Samsung 3g Verizon Network Extender doesn't work.  Is there a setting on my AC1750, Archer 7 that I need to change?  I did a firmware update and that didn't fix the issue.  Both the modem and router appear to be working fine.  I just can't seem to figure out how to get my network extender to work due to the recent modem switch.  It is a modem only.  

Options
1 Reply
Re:Trouble connecting to cell phone network extender
2020-10-12 16:02:26

@emjay110 

The modem only provides internet connection so swapping that would not affect the extender.

Your Verizon network extender works off of the LAN port of the TP-Link router so what may be happening is the TP-Link router is not getting internet from the new modem.

Connect other devices to the TP-Link router and see if you have internet, mainly through the LAN port by using a computer.

If you do have internet then something may be wrong with the Verizon device. If you do not have internet then try rebooting only the modem, and test again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 673

Replies: 1