new X20 mesh kicks me out of Zoom meetings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-11 19:00:40
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I just installed the Deco X20 - 3 module mesh wi-fi system in my home.  Internet connectivity is good for computers, phones, ipads, and streaming tvs.

The problem is that my wife and I both teach online using Zoom.  We start a Zoom session as the host.  We are both kicked out of Zoom.  What settings need to be adjusted in the Deco system?   Thanks in advance!

my model is not an option above.    My model is:     Deco X20(US)  v1.20

Options
2 Reply
Re:new X20 mesh kicks me out of Zoom meetings
2020-10-13 15:30:14

@kentw 

According to this: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362463-Wireless-WiFi-Connection-Issues

I would connect your computer directly to one of the Deco nodes with an Ethernet cable.

Another thing to try is to disable "Fast Roaming" in the advanced settings of the Deco app to see if that helps the Wi-Fi connection. 

Options
Re:new X20 mesh kicks me out of Zoom meetings
2022-02-28 07:46:50 - last edited 2022-02-28 07:47:49

@kentw I had the same issue - and have spent a day fiddling with all sorts. Thanks KenT this seems to be working by turning off fast roaming

Options