DECO M5 / three units / one set as AP / Why do the other two show up on available wifi?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DECO M5 / three units / one set as AP / Why do the other two show up on available wifi?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-12 23:03:44

So , everything appears to be working however,  I see the other M5 mesh units nominclature .   I understood that they would work as one wifi point? What did I do wrong in setup?   Are they protected with the same password or is the system wide open? Thanks 

Options
4 Reply
Re:DECO M5 / three units / one set as AP / Why do the other two show up on available wifi?
2020-10-13 17:36:41 - last edited 2020-10-13 22:55:03

@WhereHowWhy 

If all nodes are apart of the Deco network they will all run as the same mode. So if in the Deco app you set them in access point mode, they all will run like that, same for router mode. 

If you have the Deco running in router mode, and wire one Deco to the main Deco, it is still in router mode, just using the Ethernet backhaul.

If you are seeing multiple SSIDs, then the device being used is not consolidating the networks or you may have enabled the guest network and set that as a different network name.

Options
Re:DECO M5 / three units / one set as AP / Why do the other two show up on available wifi?
2020-10-13 18:49:56

@Tony Thanks Tony,   I appreciate your answering my question.   I am afraid I do not know all the definitions so I am a bit slow to understand.  

Options
2020-10-13 18:51:26 - last edited 2020-10-13 18:54:29

@WhereHowWhy  Device bline? Guessing that is a miss spelled word?   I have not enabled guest mode.  One of the three M5 units are hard wired / either net  , other two are wirelessly connected , all green lights.   I need to figure out how to make it one SSID 

Options
2020-10-13 22:56:26

@WhereHowWhy 

Thank you, I've corrected it.

Please provide a screenshot of what you are seeing with the multiple networks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 531

Replies: 4