Feature Suggestions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Feature Suggestions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Feature Suggestions
Feature Suggestions
2020-10-13 20:08:11

I recently purchased the Deco X60 3-pack and configured it, the signal and speed is awesome, but I have a few requests.

• A web interface for configuring!
  • Monthly bandwidth usage monitoring
  • Wi-Fi channel configuration
  • Option to enable/disable upnp

Is there any chance these could be added?

I've also noticed that in my living room where there's a deco located, my devices that aren't Wi-Fi 6 will sometimes connect to (and stay connected to) a deco that's further away and provides slower transfer speeds instead of the one in the same room, so maybe that's a bug with seamless roaming?.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Feature Suggestions
2020-10-14 21:18:39

@DanTheMan827 

Thank you for the suggestions, we will forward them to our devs for consideration.

If you disable Fast Roaming in the Deco app which should be in the Advanced Menu, do you notice your devices still doing it?

What firmware version are you currently running?

Options
2020-10-22 17:46:47

@Tony Changing the fast roam settings doesn't change the behavior, some devices that aren't Wi-Fi 6 just don't connect to the closest AP.

All the Deco X60's are on firmware version 1.2.5 build 20200709 rel. 46606

Options
2020-10-23 22:01:54

@DanTheMan827 

What the Deco tries to do is recommend a node to connect to where the device will make the decision. 

For those that do not connect to the closest, the next thing to check would be to see if there may be options to change the threshold settings or what the device determines before connecting to another node. This could be whichever has the strongest signal, or until the device disappears.

One way to get the device to connect to the closest is to disable the Wi-Fi and to enable it again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 350

Replies: 3

Related Articles