AX with iPhone 11 Pro

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX with iPhone 11 Pro

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
AX with iPhone 11 Pro
AX with iPhone 11 Pro
2020-10-15 11:34:55
Model: Archer AX90  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just bought my first TP-Link AX router and find that it has no different with my devices. Iphone11pro is getting 320 MBps whereas my notebook that doesn't support wifi 6 can get higher rate in exactly the same position.

should I need to configure sth to enable wifi6?

Options
1 Reply
Re:AX with iPhone 11 Pro
2020-10-15 17:49:16

@David-Wong 

It would be best to test your phone on other networks to see what it is fully capable of reaching as far as speeds, same for the computer. Make sure the phone does not have a VPN connection enabled.

What you can try also is to test on both 5G bands to see if you get a difference in speeds. 

The router should have DFS channels available so try setting either of the 5G bands to that. When bringing up the channels list certain channels should have (DFS). What may happen is the router will actively scan to see if there are other existing DFS channels, so if you notice it reverts to a non-DFS, then that will be why.

Along with the modifying of the channels, also try modifying the channel width to a higher value.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 462

Replies: 1

Related Articles