Archer A7 Keeps Dropping Signal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-19 03:19:20
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I recently upgraded my old TP-Link router to the Archer A7, for the most part it's great. I'm having an issue with the smart control feature (I think) that decides which devices to run on 2.4 or 5.

My wireless security cameras (Nest) never had an issue with the old router but seem to go down fairly frequently with the new router. They do reconnect but it's longer than 10 minutes until they're up again.

The first thing I did during initial setup was to upgrade the firmware. I know this to be the latest version. Both cameras are within 50ft of the router and have good signal when they are connected so range doesn't seem to be an issue.

Is there a way to designate certain devices to only use the 2.4 band? I think this would resolve my issue..

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer A7 Keeps Dropping Signal
2020-10-20 06:51:54
Nothing? No replies at all?
Options
Re:Archer A7 Keeps Dropping Signal
2020-10-21 01:26:17 - last edited 2020-10-21 01:27:16

Ok, I guess I'll return this defective product since TP-Link doesn't provide support. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 848

Replies: 2

Related Articles