Deco M4 doesn't show online devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-19 18:55:44
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: Latest version

Alot of devices are connecties but my deco doesn't show them as online connected devices. They only show as offline devices

Ik rebooted the whole networks but it still doesn't show them. Deco is up to date. 

BTW the devices did show at the beginning. 

Options
7 Reply
Re:Deco M4 doesn't show online devices
2020-10-21 21:48:35

@Jochem123 

You can try a couple of things such as rebooting the main Deco to see if the connected devices update. Swap the main node with one of the satellite nodes to see if the current main Deco could be the issue. 

Another user mentioned disabling the Wi-Fi, then logging into the Deco app.

If your Deco system is already running 1.4.3 for the firmware, please reach out to our support team.

Options
2020-10-25 15:51:47 - last edited 2020-10-25 15:53:40

@Jochem123 

I've noticed that when device connects to WiFi, it is not immediately shown as online in Overview screen of Deco app. Just tested it with set-top box which was off, then I turned it on and ran some video streaming - so it is definitely on. Shows offline even after refresh.

To see which devices are on, I have to click on Internet icon at the top of the app, select specific Deco, open it and wait a second or two till it refreshes list of connected devices. Then, when I go back to Overview screen, device is listed as connected.

Check if that works for you.

Same issue with connected device moving between Deco nodes - until I open specific node view to see list of connected devices, an info about a node device is connected to will be stale on Overview screen.

Perhaps it's an issue with an app refreshing the info.

Options
2021-04-16 18:11:23

@Jochem123 

Was there ever a fix for this? I'm on the latest firmware and a lot of my connected devices are still showing as offline after attempting all of this. This prevents me from doing most network administration like setting port forwarding, static ip's, etc... 

Options
2021-04-16 18:14:05

@acarl123 

it worked for me after i reinstalled my whole internet system in the house. 

Options
2021-04-16 18:25:43

@Jochem123 Do you mean factory resetting all the decos or something else?

Options
2021-04-16 18:27:05

@acarl123 

uhm just like you get them as new. delete the whole network and then redo everything to install everything all over again.

Options
2021-07-03 15:12:04

I'm still dealing with this as well.  Can't believe tp-link can't fix this behavior, and completely doing everything over seems a bit extreme, with no guarantee that it won't act the same way.  <sigh>

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1590

Replies: 7