Using Two Archer a7s to extend my network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-20 03:07:37 - last edited 2020-10-20 03:22:01
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

EDIT: I found my own answer after a bit more reading. OneMesh and bridging are similar, but entirely different. OneMesh requires that you buy special equipment, and probably has some feature that makes it good(?) where bridging doesn't require particular equipment and allows you to extend your network. I'm really not sure what OneMesh is supposed to do.

If anyone else has this confusion, go to advanced settings -> System Tools -> System Parameters -> WDS Bridging. You can only have one of your two bands enabled for bridging.

I am attempting to set my two new archer a7s up as a router and bridge respectively. The forum results I've seen suggest this is not possible. Can anyone tell me if that is accurate? If that's not accurate, can someone explain where in the settings bridge mode is located?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Using Two Archer a7s to extend my network
2020-10-21 22:19:54

@bobthunicorn 

OneMesh utilizes additional wireless protocols to give a seamless network when moving around as it offers the client the device the best node to connect to in realtime. 

You can only have one router in a OneMesh network so WDS would be the correct route.

So in your case, the second A7 would be set up using WDS to the first A7: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1555/

internet/modem > Archer A7 (router) > Archer A7 (WDS)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 641

Replies: 1