Deco M5 suddenly has led go yellow and cannot reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-20 19:07:10
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.4.9 build 60170

Suddenly my 3rd unit's LED went yellow and has been like this for more than 2 days, and it cannot be reached from the app. I tried moving it close to the main unit, connected it instead of the main unit, used the power supply from one of the other units, reset it many times (1s, 5s and 30s). I deleted it from the app and cannot add it as it cannot be reached nor does the led every become blue for reconfiguring. Every so often the led blinks red, and then it goes back to solid yellow. Short of returning it (I bought it online so I am trying to avoid this) is there anything that I am missing ? (my other two units remain working fine; was bought as a pack of three)

Thank you

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M5 suddenly has led go yellow and cannot reset
2020-10-22 17:25:50

@cmallia 

There was someone who recovered their M4 which was bricked.

You can see if the same process may work in your case: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/stories/detail/672

Options
Re:Deco M5 suddenly has led go yellow and cannot reset
2020-11-02 18:18:57

@cmallia 

Did not work, I neded up going to a RMA

Thank you just the same

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1158

Replies: 2