Deco X20 network not detectecd

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-21 21:44:19
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 Build 20200630 Re. 73505

Just got the X20 today. I've set it up, and that seemed to go smoothly until I tried to use my computers. I couldn't get connected, even through the ethernet port. I set it up again, and eventually got my main computer to work through ethernet. Another laptop connects to the Wifi, as do my phones, my Echo devices, and a Roku. However my other laptop - Win 10 Dell Inspiron 5559 doesn't even see the new network. It does detect a Wifi printer in the house, so Wifi must be on and running. I can also connect the laptop with ethernet, but the Deco Wifi network just doesn't appear in the list of available networks. I also tried just adding a new network and using the network's SSID/password, but it still doesn't know that network. 

Any advice? I've rebooted and reset the network adapter a couple of times. The laptop is sitting about a foot and a half from the Deco (the main one - that's connected to the modem). 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco X20 network not detectecd
2020-10-22 20:56:04

@PaulS36 

I believe that model laptop has an Intel Wi-Fi card which has trouble seeing AX networks if the drivers are old.

Here is a post about it, and how to fix it: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2303/

Options
Re:Deco X20 network not detectecd
2020-10-22 21:35:19

@Tony Well, that took about five minutes and so far seems to have worked perfectly. Thank you so much. 
And yes, of course I should have thought to update the driver. Sigh. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2044

Replies: 2