Deco M5 unable to load parental control page and unable to add any profile

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-22 06:33:03
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

hi

i have this problem with m5 when i 1st bought it. i have attached a screenshoot of my firmware. it should be the latest version i can install.

i cannot add any profile into my m5. whenever i try to add it just failed and something will just hang at the profile screen

i have contacted TP-support but ask me to reset everything and rebuild all. i have too many items to rebuild. i hope anyone have any idea what is going on? provide me a better suggestion rather than redo allover which most tech-support like to advise the customer. 

when asked if i redo all and do not solve the problem? will the company exchange another set for me? no response. 

regards

File:
Screenshot_20201021-174205_Deco.jpgDownload
Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco M5 unable to load parental control page and unable to add any profile
2020-10-22 18:49:49

@NigelLim I have the same problem, I ran an upgrade of the firmware a few days ago which seems to have crashed as I can't check for updates anymore either. My firmware is slightly older 1.4.7.

Interedted in what responses you get

Options
2020-10-22 21:24:50

@NigelLim 

I am not sure what you mean by rebuilding your items? After you factory reset your Deco, and configure it again, you would just have the same network name and password you currently are using for your devices. The devices will then connect automatically once the Deco comes back up.

If you have not done so, reinstall the Deco app and also try the Deco app on another phone to see if it is related to the application end, rather then defaulting the Deco.

Options
2020-10-23 01:37:01

@Tony 

1) My rebuilding mean i have to add back all my camera, smart plug, smart lock, tvbox, printer, tablet, phone, etc...which almost 20items or more

are u sure if i put back the same network name and password the device will auto add back by itself? what if it dont? 

i have already reinstall the app, use many phones, s7, s8 note 9, note 20. 

the only thing i havent done is reset the 3 m5 to factory default. but who can confirm if i done it and it will solve the problem?

or u guys just anyhow ask customer to try n try hoping it will hit the "jackpot"?

Options
2020-10-23 01:41:48
tech support will just tell u to do all the update if cannot work then start to reset, power off/on, last factory reset... Is that all they can do? well a normal tech person can do it. Is this how TP-link expert work?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 594

Replies: 4