Parental Controls - why are the days grouped together? Only 2 options for 7 days?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Parental Controls - why are the days grouped together? Only 2 options for 7 days?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-25 19:53:12
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

I have the AX3000, and for some reason, under parental controls time exclusions (aka bed time), there are only two options instead of seven options for seven days.  For some reason, Sunday thru Thursday is grouped together, and Friday thru Saturday is grouped together.  So, I tried to turn off the internet at midnight during the week, and at 2am on the weekend, but apparently I can't do this with this 2-option only parental controls, as 2am Sunday morning is part of the weekday setting.  Is it really that difficult to have an option for each day in the code?  Please help.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Parental Controls - why are the days grouped together? Only 2 options for 7 days?
2020-10-27 16:49:11

@prexactly 

If you go to Advanced > Wireless > Wireless Schedule you can enable or disable the Wi-Fi by day and hour.

Options
Re:Parental Controls - why are the days grouped together? Only 2 options for 7 days?
2020-10-27 19:04:54

@Tony Yeah, that could be a work-around for some, but unfortunately my son uses a wired connection for gaming, so I don't think that would work in my case.  The parental controls seem to work with the 2 options/blocks available, but I don't understand why there are only two options for 7 days. If there were a timeslot for each day (7 options), then I would think it would work fine.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 276

Replies: 2

Related Articles