Deco s4 needing daily power cycle.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-26 16:04:40
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've had my modem for about a year and have maybe power cycled it twice. I just installed a new deco set last week and every single morning since then I get a no internet warning on wifi and wired connections. The network seems intact. It's every day while I'm sleeping. All lights are red in the AM. The modem reports it is still connected and does work just fine if I skip the router. What about my deco unit is preventing it from receiving internet from the modem every day?  I updated the firmware the moment I installed it.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco s4 needing daily power cycle.
2020-10-27 17:41:40

@Zmvanpatten 

Change the Ethernet port used to the second port, if the issue still happens, swap the main Deco with one of the satellite units. If you still have the same issue, then I would look into why the modem stops providing an internet connection to the Deco. The red LED on the Deco is indicating it is not receiving the internet. I would also swap the Ethernet cable being used, even if it came with the Deco.

Options