M4 Set up as Access point with Ethernet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-28 03:15:55
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I am trying to set up the M4s as an access point to my current Wifi. I have both units connected Via Ethernet but the slave node always shows connected from Wifi. Is there a way to keep them both connected by Ethernet and just use them as only extenders from my Main router? Also my speeds on either units is around 70UL and 70DL , I have Gigabit service and even on my typical Wifi im getting about 400UL and 400DL. Is there a setting I can switch to improve my speeds?

Options
1 Reply
Re:M4 Set up as Access point with Ethernet
2020-10-29 22:34:22

@Rich11 

If you have an existing wireless router and want the M4 just to expand the coverage, set them in Access Point mode. Go into the Deco app and go to the Advanced settings and Operation Mode. While the Deco is in AP mode you can wire the nodes together or all to a switch that goes to the router. When one Deco is wired to another it will detect the connection and switch the backhaul from Wi-Fi to Ethernet.

If you are not seeing that, what is your network layout?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 266

Replies: 1

Related Articles