Roku will not connect to range extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-31 05:58:24 - last edited 2020-10-31 05:59:39
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 3.14.8 Build 141224 Rel.38509n

Hi,

I have a 300M Wireless N Range Extender, Model No. TL-WA854RE ( https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/tl-wa854re/v1/ ), that my Roku will not connect to (I do not have a TL-WA850RE, the model I have was not available to select from the Model field so I picked the next closest model number I could find).

My iPhone and my MacBook both connect to the extender network just fine.

I've done a ton of troubleshooting but nothing seems to work.

I tried disabling the security on the extender and the Roku connected briefly, but the connection was lost soon after - I think my router would not allow a device to connect to it without security.

Any suggestions or experience with this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Roku will not connect to range extender
2020-11-02 21:49:48

@nicelaos 

Does your router allow the Roku to connect dirrectly to it?

Does your router use Mac based ACLs?

Options
2020-11-06 02:54:58 - last edited 2020-11-06 02:55:58

@Carl Yes, the router allows the Roku to connect directly to it. I'm not sure what Mac based ACLs are? Thanks

Options
2020-11-06 20:21:02

@nicelaos 

MAC bases ACL are access control list that limit access to the internet through the router and based on a Device's MAC address.  If your router is using one of these when the device is connected to the extender its not reconizing it due to the MAC address changing.  Can you check any other device and see if they are having connectin issues through the extender?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1488

Replies: 3

Related Articles