Android phones cannot connect to wifi after latest firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-01 03:21:18
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20200908 Rel. 42787(5553)

Hi

After this recent update I cannot get my android phones to connect to the wifi anymore. Computers will connect fine. I've tried changing security settings such as WPA/WPA2 and channel widths of 20 or 40 etc. and also the 'modes' from mixed mode to forcing say 802.11n or whatever. I've tried resetting the wireless settings on my phone to no avail. Thanks --Gary

Options
51 Reply
Re:Android phones cannot connect to wifi after latest firmware update
2020-11-02 23:32:16

@Gary_Hanson 

Is there an error code?  Have you tried to forget the network on the android device and try to reconnect?

Options
2020-11-03 01:38:06

@Carl 

No error code..at least, it's too fast to see on the phone and goes to 'saved'..have tried forgetting and re-adding with the same result..thanks for replying

Options
2020-11-03 19:18:18

@Gary_Hanson 

I'll reach out to our engineering team.  I want to make sure there isn't a bug.  They may want to get in touch with you.  I'll Let you know.

Options
2020-11-03 22:27:08

@Carl 

okie dokie thanks

It's been difficult to only go so far when using my computer as a hotspot..Fixing the weird quirk in the router so my phones can connect again would be delightful..thanks again

Options
2020-11-05 18:03:17

@Gary_Hanson 

Hi Gary,

So I got a bit more information form the software team.  Here is their response:

Our new firmware improves the encryption method. Compared with the old version, the encrypted version of WPA3 has been added, and the encrypted version of WPA2 is adopted by default. May the cx's devices only support WPA encryption algorithm. You can ask him to modify the encrypted version according to the attachment to see if it works.

Options
2020-11-05 18:47:18

@Carl 

Hiya

I've tried all the encryption methods available in the router with the same result

Options
2020-11-05 19:00:53

@Carl 

I'll try those again at some time later just to be sure..I forgot to check 'none' for security to see if the issue is still there..my guess is it *shouldn't* work either but I'll find out in a bit n get back to ya

Options
2020-11-05 20:10:00

@Carl 

Well..I tried turning off the encryption and WPA/WPA2 so the router was 'open' and my phone connected right away with no issues. I turned on WPA/WPA2-PSK and can't connect...Turned on WPA2/WPA3-Personal and also can't connect..encryption choice didn't matter..Hope this helps with finding this weird bug

Options
2020-11-05 20:16:17

@Gary_Hanson 

Open networks do not require passwords where as secured ones do.  When you enable secuity please forget the network on your phone and then reconnect.  Ensure the password you enter to connect is correct. 

Options
2020-11-05 20:23:42

@Carl 

yup..that's what I did for each of the attempts..I 'forgot' the network on the phone before tryin the next setting in the router..and the passwords were entered correctly each time

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5740

Replies: 51