AX10/AX1500 VR game streaming stuttering

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX10/AX1500 VR game streaming stuttering

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
164 Reply
Re:AX10/AX1500 VR game streaming stuttering
2021-01-23 15:58:40

@Chigginzz 

Honestly! I want to give them the benefit of the doubt, perhaps the R & D team are based in a different country and there is a language barrier, or they perhaps don't understand VR, let alone Virtual Desktop. I'm trying to imagine them scratching their heads over an oculus quest 2 using Oculus Link and just using the TP-Link routers for internet access, saying something like "I don't get it, what's the issue?"

Honestly with how slowly things are moving I too am losing hope. The original creator of this thread, Liam, (oursoul) seems to have washed his hands of the company and given up hope this will get a fix. He is a large player in the Virtual Desktop community and discord and started off this whole thing saying "Hey, we want to keep recommending people buy your product, work with us to fix it?"

It has been 3 months since this thread was created, and all we have is one person, @Carl who says the R & D team will give us a video showing what we're all doing it wrong and we just need to adjust our settings, because as they've determined, there is no issue as they can't replicate it. And this video has not seemed to materialize. No indication at all when it might be given to us. I am in fact looking forward to when it drops, so I can reply on the same day with a video of me follow their steps and then recording in-game that the problem still exists.

But at this point, the truth is that it's extremely unlikely that this issue will get fixed, because 1/4 of a year since the issue has been brought to them, the company has shown absolutely bare minimum communication and transparency, and easily admitted they have no idea what anyone of the dozens of people who've talked here are talking about because "They can't replicate the issue."

One man, Ggodin, creates and frequently updates and bug fixes an astonishingly difficult, robust and tremendous product used by 10's of thousands of users. But an entire international corporations R & D team have zero initiative, nor it seems the technical acumen to take the plethora of user data provided to solve an issue. I mean, what kind of R & D are they, they haven't asked anyone for any sort of MSCONFIG files, no DXDIAG, no network data profiles of any sort. No wonder they can't find the issue, they aren't even trying.

BUT HEY! Like I said at the top. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe it's all a mix up, and whenever the heck they feel like finally reading this thread for themselves as opposed to begrudgingly and listlessly listening to second-hand information from @Carl, they'll get around to fixing this issue sometime in 2022. 🙄

If you can return your router, do so, don't buy TP-Link, and don't recommend them. Maybe check back next year on this thread and if they've solved it, give them a shot again.

Options
2021-01-23 16:04:19

I have upgraded to an ax50 but the router has the same issues. I Feel punished for trying to use these products, and I am having the same issue in all games I attempt, so I simply cant believe they are not able to reproduce the issue. I am hoping they find whatever is causing this because wifi 6 simply doesn't work as advertised.

Options
2021-01-23 19:45:14

I'll chalk this up to a life lesson: NEVER throw away your original packaging from an Amazon purchase without making absolute sure the product you bought works. Won't make that mistake ever again! 

Options
2021-01-24 13:47:00

Yup.. Still waiting for update from R&D and/or @Carl . Issues on every settings with Quest 2 even on low bitrate settings. :( AX1500 (AX10)

Options
2021-01-24 23:13:24 - last edited 2021-01-25 01:26:05

AX3000/AX50 here and I can confirm that I also experience the same periodic stutter when streaming with virtual desktop on my quest 2. Desktop connected into the switch with no other connections, 5Ghz radio only in AX mode with the quest 2 as the only device on the network. My other non-ax router does not have the stutter issue so will most likely do what folks here have done and try for a return. While I still have the device, wouldn't mind giving any information the support team needs to troubleshoot since this seems to be plaguing the whole line of devices. 

Options
2021-01-25 14:27:28

@Carl this is an email I have sent to support staff via the feedback button on this forum. Sorry mate. I'm just feeling pretty desperate for ackownledgement and understanding of this issue by your employing company.

"Thank you for responding. I emailed many TP-Link support emails, and you are the only one to reply, when I used the feedback button on the forum.

This is a better example of the problem. https://youtu.be/wDYYqIdhRfg

In it, I have shown that I follow the router settings you have shown, and the bug/problem continues.

I am hoping that you, whoever you are, can do what the Admin of TP-Link forum cannot do. We have been talking with a TP-Link employee named "Carl". And in 3 months, he has not been helpful with this problem.

I am asking that you please send me to the Highest employee of TP-Link that you can get to speak with me. Someone at the company I think needs to know that MANY members of the public have found a HUGE problem with their new Wi-Fi 6 AX routers, and that the Research and Development employees, and the Forum administrators are saying does not exist.

I do live in Thailand. In Chiang Mai city. However, it will be hard to test the router at the store, unless they have a strong computer that has VR games installed on it. I do not own a laptop, only a desktop computer. Even if we can demonstrate the problem in the store, a product swap is unlikely to fix it, as in this forum post, https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/234812?page=1 there are many users of your routers that say the problem is with the AX routers. We do not know if it is a software flaw, or a hardware flaw.

Thank you very much for your reply. I look forward to hearing from you very soon."

Options
2021-01-25 15:20:04
https://youtu.be/wDYYqIdhRfg Another video for anyone looking to confirm that the problem is real, even if TP-Link thinks it isn't.
Options
2021-01-25 23:02:37

@GoneVR 

I don't have anything further at this time.  I have requested updates (today) and I must wait till either 1.  They post directly in the thread to answer questions directly or 2.  give me something to relay. 

Options
2021-01-25 23:04:31

@Gmadu1993 

I even asked them to reach out to you directly as you were one of the ones who specifcally said to have them reach out.  As soon as i have an update i will let you all know. 

Options
2021-01-25 23:55:15

@Carl 

I appreciate that Carl. I'm also attempting to escalate this and draw attention to it from someone higher up in the company hopefully. I'll also update if there is anything new to add.

Options
Related Articles