Not all active clients are listed in QoS Device priority

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-03 22:38:39 - last edited 2020-11-15 00:14:15
Model: Archer C3150  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.0 0.9.1 v005f.0 Build 170927 Rel.57074n

Hello,

Im trying to setup QoS priority for my main computer (connected via ethernet cabel / using dhcp) but I cannot see it in the device list. 

Connectivity works without any restriction. Weird is when I switch computer to use wifi, appear in th list.

When I switch back to use ethernet cable, it disappear. (in all other lists exists : active clients / wired clients / dhcp clients).

I found similar problem in this forum,  but without success to use mentioned recommendation.

Any help? Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Not all active clients are listed in QoS Device priority-Solution
2020-11-10 19:41:16 - last edited 2020-11-15 00:14:15

@MiroP 

Please back up your router settings (Advanced > System Tools > Backup & Restore), then factory restore the router. With the settings defaulted, connect the computer and see if the QoS is not able to view the device.

There was a previous issue of HomeCare not operating properly when updating the firmware automatically, and instead was recommended to install the firmware manually through the web browser. 

Should the issue still persist I would recommend reaching out to your local support team.

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Not all active clients are listed in QoS Device priority
2020-11-04 23:37:15

@MiroP 

If you look up the device according to the MAC address do you find it? The router may be showing the computer in a different name. Find the MAC address of your Ethernet adapter, and compare that to all the active clients.

Options
2020-11-05 00:51:13

@Tony 

Thanks for answer. I found computer Ethernet card MAC address in active clients list and ip/mac/name is correct (as I see on Win10 info). Still missing in QoS device list. As I mentioned, when I switch to wifi, computer appear in QoS device list.

Options
2020-11-06 21:18:46

@MiroP 

Go into the command prompt of the computer, and try the following: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/840/

Options
2020-11-07 00:12:26

@Tony Thanks, but didnt work (i did /release and /renew)  - like on the picture - HomePC is online but cannot find in QoS (when is wired, wifi works)

Options
Re:Not all active clients are listed in QoS Device priority-Solution
2020-11-10 19:41:16 - last edited 2020-11-15 00:14:15

@MiroP 

Please back up your router settings (Advanced > System Tools > Backup & Restore), then factory restore the router. With the settings defaulted, connect the computer and see if the QoS is not able to view the device.

There was a previous issue of HomeCare not operating properly when updating the firmware automatically, and instead was recommended to install the firmware manually through the web browser. 

Should the issue still persist I would recommend reaching out to your local support team.

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-11-15 00:14:50

@Tony 

Works ... thanks ;-)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1100

Replies: 6