OneMesh Ethernet Backhaul

2020-11-06 08:22:34
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

With regard to OneMesh, is there a timeline on when one can use Ethernet backhaul between the terminals?

I bought a AX90 and then realised that using an Ethernet backhaul isn't an option.... like others in the forum in hindsight I prob would not have bought it had I known that this was a liimitation on the OneMesh system.

Options
4 Reply
Re:OneMesh Ethernet Backhaul
2020-11-09 16:00:25

@Armarm 

There are currently no mentions of making OneMesh functions with an Ethernet cable.

Currently, our Deco mesh system is able to function via Ethernet backhaul.

Options
2021-03-09 00:36:03

@Tony 

I just bought an Archer AX6000 and an RE605x and I'm very disappointed that I can't use a wired repeater with OneMesh.

Options
2021-06-29 18:56:21

@Tony I bought the RE505X extender thinking that LAN meshing was possible, I'm going to return it since I literally have no use for it without that functionallity, I have both an Archer C7 and an Archer AX6000, I first bought the AX6000 but found that one part of my house had some issues with the signal. I prevously had Asus routers that allowed meshing with each other, so I bought an Archer C7 because it said that it was one mesh compatible, I tought that tp-link was on par but I was mistaken. Then I bought the RE505X thinking that it might solve my problem but then again I was mistaken, I sincerely don't understand how their product for range extension doesn't have this functionallity. I'm just going to recommend Asus from now on for people that want flexible meshing, It sucks since my AX6000 had been working great.

TLDR: Buy Asus if you want LAN meshing with your big router.

Options
2021-06-29 21:08:01

@varo5 

The RE505X does support OneMesh as does the Archer AX6000 but OneMesh only allows one Router in the network so the extensions have to be compatible Range Extenders or Powerline adapters.  With Extenders the backhaul is only wireless.  We have requested ethernet but at this time that is not available.  We do have the TL-WPA8631P Kit that is OneMesh compatible and as a PLC would use the homes powerlines instead of transmitting via wireless. 

Options