Setting up x60 to Verizon fios

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-06 20:03:49
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I am trying to connect my three pack x60 deco mesh Network to my Verizon FiOS router\modem device. I'd like to be able to use the Deco x60 in router mode so I can utilize the parent controls. Is this possible when connected to the Verizon FiOS router modem?  I believe I use the g1100 router modem with FiOS.  I have it all connected in router mode but for some reason one of the x60  devices (not the one connected to the Verizon router) keeps blinking red. When I switch back to AP mode it turns green. anybody have this issue?  Thanks in advance.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Setting up x60 to Verizon fios
2020-11-06 22:51:24

@tlucca33 I have FIOS and connect the x60 directly to the ONT, bypassing the G1100 router. Is your G1100 connected to the ONT via ethernet or coax cable?

Options
2020-11-07 02:11:23

@BrodyR it's connected using the coaxial cable, and an ethernet cable to the wan port on the verizon router. The problem is I need the Verizon router to be able to get Channels on the TV and use the guide. Is there a way to get the mesh system to work in router mode so I can use the parental controls? I'm wondering if I could do anything to the Verizon router like put it in bridge mode or something.  When I put the mesh network in router mode the speeds are about one half and there is always one device that blinks red. but it works perfectly in AP mode. Thank you in advance for the advice!

Options
2020-11-07 04:54:48 - last edited 2020-11-07 04:55:42

@tlucca33 Yes, backup your settings and try switching your G1100 to bridged mode. I don't have special channels to require doing this step, but I belive I ran it in bridged mode before because I hated the G1100 admin page vs my old Asus router years ago. I'm not sure if that affects your special channels, but for my case I was able to use my Asus router as primary router, DHCP server, etc. good luck

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2331

Replies: 3

Related Articles