Archer A7 v5 1.16 - WAN issues every couple of hours

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-07 00:53:18
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.16

Hello! My archer a7 drops an internet connection every couple of hours. I thought it was related to the dhcp lease from the modem but it does not appear to be. I am not sure what triggers it but I think its a software issue. It did not have this issue with the stock firmware and only started after I updated it. It is not an issue with the modem/ISP, the ethernet cable, or due to any activity. I have also tried changing the DNS settings as others have suggested in other threads. The logs do not show anything during this disconnect. Rebooting the router fixes the issue and sometimes waiting up to 10 minutes it fixes itself. Anyone else have this issue? Thanks!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer A7 v5 1.16 - WAN issues every couple of hours
2020-11-09 16:49:38

@khmartinsen 

If you have a cable modem, look at the system logs on the modem, not the router. If you have critical 3 or 4 errors, that may be the cause which means the internet signal is unstable. 

If that is the case you will see random internet drops with other routers as well if you happen to have to swap the A7 with.

Otherwise, it may be the A7 with a bad WAN port.

Options
2020-11-09 17:45:21

@Tony 

Thanks for the reply! I know for sure it is not the isp or modem. I have had no issues with a spare router. I do believe this is software based as the issue happened after updating. I do not believe it is a bad wan port unless that can cause it to be perfectly fine for hours and then randly reset. I believe it's related to when it tries to renew it's ip with the modem but the logs don't support that idea though.

Options
2020-11-09 21:27:39

@khmartinsen I have the same issue with an Archer AX1500, but it happens every 24 hours.

I suspect it is also due to some DHCP lease, but I'm no expert and support wasn't able to offer any help beside "change the wifi frequency"

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 633

Replies: 3