Deco unstable - constantly bouncing internet connection to connected devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-08 00:30:39
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.6 Build 20201013 Ref. 57035

I'm about to throw my Deco in the trash. This has happened to me twice before - once I had to return the device to factory settings and re-do all the network connections in my house. The second time after a week of attempted trouble shooting it suddenly resolved itself with no understanding why.

It's been going on for more than a week and I'm at my wits end.

It first happened with just iPhones and iPads. It went from there to also affecting my mac books. Now it's also affecting my windows machines and my smart TVs.

The devices are connected to the WAPs with very good or excellent signal strength. The status light on the WAPs stays green all through the process. When I first go to use my device on the internet the first page I visit comes right up. When I attempt to do something on the page the internet connection stops dead. Page just sits there (tested with multiple pages - most commonly Google). Eventually - after 3 - 5 minutes - the web page will respond - but very slowly. I've used a speed monitor to keep track of the internet connection. When I start the session my speeds are excellent (380 - 390 Mbps). Then I get an error that I have no internet connection (again - wirelessly I'm connected very strong and the status light on the access point is green). After a few minutes it will show that I have an internet connection - but the speed is now 0.6 - 0.8 Mbps. The session will remain at tha speed until I either power cycle the Deco router or I switch to another wireless network.

I've cycled the modem and the router a number of times.

I've connected directly to the  Cable Modem using an Ethernet cable (I have Cox Gigablast) and while I don't have the drop issues what surprises me is the speed I get from the direct modem connection is low for the service I'm getting and much lower than what Deco is reporting (80 - 90 Mbps). I have Cox coming out to look at the connection. I've tried my owned modem and a modem I rented from Cox and neither has changed the behavior at all.  I've confirmed that I'm up to date on firmware and software form Tp-Link.

It looks like others are having the problem and what I'm seeing in responses from support are very simplistic and not at all reflective of what the poster has described as the issue.

I've tried contacting TP Link tech support and I see myself 1st in the queue - and there I remain for 2-3 hours or more.

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco unstable - constantly bouncing internet connection to connected devices
2020-11-08 00:31:57

@SargeBear 

I saw the post about turning off Fast Roaming and did that - had no effect on the issue.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 650

Replies: 1

Related Articles