Placement of Main Deco X60 Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-10 19:09:32
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.6

I have poor signal in my back yard and want to remedy that.

However, when I move my Deco Satellites I see that they always connect to my main Deco X60 router.

Then it occurred to me that perhaps the satellites ONLY connect to the main router AND therefore the main router MUST BE CENTALLY located for best connection results.

Can someone give me light on this?

Because, I though I could just buy more X60 units and expand my network and therefore get the service I want outside.

That doesn't work in the event that all routers talk ONLY to the main routher INSTEAD of chainging to the closest router like devices do.

I have 3 X60's and 2 AC 1200's.

Thank you.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Placement of Main Deco X60 Router
2020-11-11 18:14:28

@Mark600 

The Deco will connect to whichever node is best. In your case, having to hop through another node would not be faster than connecting to the main node. The appearance of the distance is different from the wireless signal traversing through your environment.

There is not a way to force a Deco to connect it where you want it to, but you can run an Ethernet cable from one to another.

Options
Re:Placement of Main Deco X60 Router
2020-11-12 14:01:38
Can you be more specific about connect one to another? I see 2 ways to do this and while I don't think either way is better or presents problems I wanted to run it by you. 1. Connect directly from one hub to the other with the provided ethernet connections built into the nodes. 2. Connect the node I have closest to my outdoor setting with an ethernet cable from a switch I have in the vicinity. This is my preferred method - but I don't know if that way is the way you are including in your comments. Thank you
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 589

Replies: 2