Questions about One Mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Questions about One Mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Questions about One Mesh
Questions about One Mesh
2020-11-11 16:12:19
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, I recently bought two c7 routers for a church im helping supply a network for, and guest wifi. Its a small church, but brick building. So I ran the main c7 in the front office, as I wanted all the main computers for the front 2 offices to be hardwired and not running off of wifi. I ran a 100 ft cat6 cable through the ceiling to a office in the back connected to the second c7. The issue im having is when i login to the router its not detecting any mesh. when i look at the website and one mesh they only talk about extenders, but from what I was told, is they would work together if hardwired. But im just having a hard time finding out how to set it up. Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Questions about One Mesh
2020-11-11 23:31:06

@Median 

If you were looking to have them both set up utilizing OneMesh, that will not work. OneMesh works off of one router only in the network, and it does not support Ethernet backhaul.

What you can do is set up the C7 routers without the OneMesh which is possible.

You can do this two ways, one is to leave the second router as a router so you have the LAN of router 1 going to the WAN of router 2.

Another setup is to turn the second C7 into an Access Point: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2066/

You can make both C7 routers the same network name so only one network is broadcasted. You won't have a mesh network in which the networking devices will recommend the best device to connect to. It will fall on the actual devices to determine the best network device to connect to depending on whichever threshold they are set for.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 453

Replies: 1

Related Articles