The parental control is listing the same device twice with identical MAC address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

The parental control is listing the same device twice with identical MAC address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-13 11:09:50
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.9 Build 20200708 rel.55037(4555)

Options
3 Reply
Re:The parental control is listing the same device twice with identical MAC address
2020-11-13 11:35:37

@Ianosh 
I noticed that the MAC is actually different. So it seems it's 2.4 and 5 Ghz. That's very inconvenient that one have to connect to both bands in order to turn the parental control for all devices... Is there a solution for that? Maybe a white list insteead?

Options
Re:The parental control is listing the same device twice with identical MAC address
2020-11-16 16:31:14

@Ianosh 

With the Note 6, I would turn off random MAC address: https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-enable-a-randomized-mac-address-in-android-10/

For the RE200, any device that connects through it will have a different MAC, compared to connecting directly to the router. So if the Note 6 is doing that, reference both MAC addresses. 

For the RE200 itself, was it ever configured as an access point? Also, look behind the device it will show the related MAC addresses, which does it match?

Options
2020-11-16 18:23:49

@Tony 
I, as a customer, can say for certain now that the parental control is almost useless. I am a programmer for 30 years, and I can with authority say that it seems no one tested this functionality in real life with dozens devices, which is a very probable case when someone buys an AX3000.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 871

Replies: 3

Related Articles