No WDS Bridge mode in Touch P5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-14 05:03:53
Model: Touch P5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20151013 Rel.35527

I was looking at enabling my netgear router as a repeater. But I dont see the WDS bridge mode in TpLink Touch p5. Can anyone please confirm if this is a firmware issue or if there is any other way to setup another router as repeater along with my tplink as main router.

Highly appreciated!!

Options
3 Reply
Re:No WDS Bridge mode in Touch P5
2020-11-16 18:55:29

@abhaydhar 

When setting up WDS bridge, the WDS configuration only needs to be done on the "repeater". So you do not need to configure anything on the Touch P5 is the P5 is your main router. You only need to configure the "repeater".

Options
2020-11-17 06:58:51

@Tony - Yes I have enabled the repeater function on my Netgear , How does tpLink and netgear get bridged wirelessly ? I dont want to use LAN (Cat6) to connect them 

Options
2020-11-17 23:59:17

@abhaydhar 

I don't know with respect to Netgear, I would contact that company to see how that is set up. In general, the repeater device scans for the host network and then connects to it, similar to setting up a range extender, but you also need to statically assign an IP.

Again, the process may be different for the Netgear device so I would reach out to them and see how you would go about that.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 759

Replies: 3

Related Articles