Cant play COD WZ, MW or Black OPS on Deco E4 Mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-14 07:36:37
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.3 Build 20200918 Rel. 44982

I recently installed the Deco E4 in my house to improve WIFI coverage and it has really improved the wifi experience. I have it set in AP mode connected to my ISP router.

I have discovered though that we cannot play COD via the Deco wifi. When switching directly to the router wifi, all works perfectly.

Any advice or assistance will be appreciated.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Cant play COD WZ, MW or Black OPS on Deco E4 Mesh
2020-11-16 19:16:30

@ClintMo 

If the Deco E4 was switched to router mode, do you see the same issue?

While the Deco is in AP Mode, does the gaming device get a different IP going through the Deco?

Options
2020-11-16 23:06:25

I see same issues on my Deco x60s.  I stream games using Stadia and parsec, installed Deco over weekend and every minute or so it stutters.  If I ping, I see it also goes from 14ms all the way to 300ms every minute or so.  IN AP mode where each Deco is connected via ethernet.  If I run speed test, I get could speeds just connectivity is really bad.

Options
2020-11-17 16:25:37

@zifpower 

Focus on the main Deco, power down the others, test it. If you see the same issue swap the Deco with one of the satellite units. If you still have the issue, swap the Ethernet cable from the Deco to the router, another thing to do is to change the port being used.

Turn off "Fast Roaming" in the Deco app as well.

Options
2020-11-17 23:49:48

I'm not sure what you mean.  If i turn off other Deco's I'm not sure I will have good reach from the Main Deco unit.  Shouldn't each Deco work independtly in AP mode connected via Wifi?

Options
2020-11-18 07:50:05

@Tony  Thank you for the response.

I've tried it in both AP and Router modes without any success.

Options
2020-11-18 19:08:09 - last edited 2020-11-18 21:41:19

There is still a main Deco, but in AP mode you can bypass it to the main Deco. 

There are two settings you can try, one is to disable beamforming in the Deco app to see if that helps with connectivity, and also go into the WAN settings of the Deco, and change the DNS servers to something else like:

Primary 8.8.8.8

Secondary 8.8.4.4

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 778

Replies: 6