Deco M5: Address Reservation for Kasa Devices?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-14 18:14:29 - last edited 2020-11-19 07:30:34
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20201022 Rel. 66804

Hello Anyone,

I've been trying to figure out how to assign static IP (IP reservation) to my TP-Link Kasa switches, dimmers, power strips, and bulbs (KL130, KP200, HS107, KP303, HS200, HS220) from my Deco M5 which is configured as router. I see these Kasa devices listed on the Deco "Overview" screen, see image, but when I go to Address Reservation only the "Network Devices" category from the "Overview" screen show up. I don't see any of my Kasa devices available on the Address Reservation screen, which are all in either the "Lights" or "Switches/Plugs/Outlets" category as shown on the image below, I hope this makes sense. Has anyone seen this and resolved it? Are Kasa devices not available for Address Reservation? Thank you.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M5: Address Reservation for Kasa Devices?-Solution
2020-11-19 07:30:22 - last edited 2020-11-19 07:30:34

@lesliejuancb 

I figured out that you can go into the settings for the individual Kasa devices within the categories and just remove them, they then appear in the "Network Devices" category which then allows you to assign address reservations. Thanks for the help, Tony.

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Deco M5: Address Reservation for Kasa Devices?
2020-11-16 19:40:53

@lesliejuancb 

Since installing the latest firmware, have you tried rebooting the entire Deco system, and also reinstalling the app? Do you happen to have another smart phone to use to see if the issue is happening on that as well?

Options
2020-11-17 04:47:24

@Tony 

Thanks for the reply. I tried your suggestions, and no change.  I also tried it on an old phone and a Samsung tablet, no change. Any other ideas?

Options
2020-11-18 18:22:57

@lesliejuancb 

When you set up the smart devices in Kasa, connecting them to the Deco network, did you also go into the Deco app and add the smart devices or did they come up automatically in the respective categories?

If you did try removing the device from the Deco app so it is set up with Kasa and has a network connection, but don't add it through the Deco app. Does it stay as a networking device now and are you able to add it to the address reservation?

Options
2020-11-18 18:36:56 - last edited 2020-11-18 18:42:14

@Tony 

I can't remember if I had to assign them in the Deco app.  They already existed in the Kasa app. I will try your suggestions. Would maybe doing a factory reset on the Decos help? I have 4 Decos in total, one as the router and the other three as AP.

Edit: I guesd they automatically populate in the Deco app in those categories because they show up there even after I uninstalled and reinstalled the Deco app.

Tony wrote

@lesliejuancb 

When you set up the smart devices in Kasa, connecting them to the Deco network, did you also go into the Deco app and add the smart devices or did they come up automatically in the respective categories?

If you did try removing the device from the Deco app so it is set up with Kasa and has a network connection, but don't add it through the Deco app. Does it stay as a networking device now and are you able to add it to the address reservation?

Options
Re:Deco M5: Address Reservation for Kasa Devices?-Solution
2020-11-19 07:30:22 - last edited 2020-11-19 07:30:34

@lesliejuancb 

I figured out that you can go into the settings for the individual Kasa devices within the categories and just remove them, they then appear in the "Network Devices" category which then allows you to assign address reservations. Thanks for the help, Tony.

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-11-19 23:04:19 - last edited 2020-11-19 23:06:20

@lesliejuancb 

Thank you for the update. I will follow up to see if that will change.

Options
2020-11-20 23:19:54

@lesliejuancb 

Looks like that is how the current feature works, but we forwarded feedback to consider making it that all categories are seen (feature request).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1456

Replies: 7

Related Articles