Clients Are Not Connecting.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-15 02:05:01 - last edited 2020-11-15 02:49:45
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20180208 rel.59779 (EU)

Hi Guys!

I have a Server running on my PC with an Archer C1200 router. I have created a small game that connects to my PC on port "10241". Now, I can connect to it with my external IP Address fine, but I am receiving NO traffic from other people who have downloaded my game (other people across the internet).

Am I missing something? I have included some images of the changes I have made to my router settings.

Many Thanks,

Googie.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Clients Are Not Connecting.
2020-11-16 21:28:48

@Googie85 

If you set up the virtual servers, you won't need the port triggering.

After doing the port forwarding, use a public port tester to see if the port is actually opened. I tend to use: https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

If the port still appears closed, place the server in the DMZ then test the port again to make sure they are opened.

If only you are able to connect remotely, then something else may be causing it, reason is if the router was blocking all remote connections, you would not be able to connect as well.

As you were testing on your own device, make sure you were not on the same LAN of the C1200.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 241

Replies: 1

Related Articles