Connect DECO M5 networrk to Pharos Range Extender COE210

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-15 23:33:46
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20201022 REL. 66804

Trying to hook TP-Link Pharos CPE210(US) Ver 2.8 to my DECO M5 network in order to extend my WIFI coverage to nearby areas outside (nothing fancy).  I can't figure out how to configure the Pharos range extender with the DECO router.  Pharos will be connected with ethernet cable from a DECO node.  TP-Link instructions (for example: tp-link.com/us/support/download/cpe210/v2#video) say to initially plug Pharos into a PC's ethernet port and enter URL code 192.168.0.254 but that yields a url not found message (with WIFI both turned on and turned off on the computer.  I also tried connecting Pharos to the PC through my network switch with the same result..  Another option seems to be to change the DECO network to AP mode but because DECO is connected DIRECTLY to the cable modem (not through another router) that means losing DHCP functionality in DECO.  I have read every manual on TP-Link's website and have Googled how to connect DECO to Pharos but have found nothing. I am stuck!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Connect DECO M5 networrk to Pharos Range Extender COE210
2020-11-17 17:36:39

@Mongoose47 

Here is a guide that is more comprehensive which shows the various steps: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/710/

When connecting the computer to the CPE, you also needed to assign your Ethernet adapter a static IP address.

Options
2020-11-29 23:22:48

@Tony Thank you for your reply. 

Following the instructions, I set up the Pharos CPE210 and then wired it with short ethernet cables through the PoE adapter to a DECO-M5 node.  All lights on the CPE lit up  and the measured signal strength outside became very strong. 

BUT: after the Pharos was in operation, internet connection with the inside PCs intermittently failed (web-page not found/timed out). I tried rebooting my various PCs but the problem persisted. The Microsoft 10 internet troubleshooter said there were DNS issues. I consulted with my ISP who said there were no problems in their network and the problem was likely in my WiFi router.  I then disconnected the Pharos and the internet connectivity problem stopped.  When I reconnected the Pharos, the internet connectivity problem occurred again. My Wi-Fi network topology is as follows (see attached diagram):

1) Main DECO connected by ethernet cable to Comcast internet cable modem.
2) Main DECO connects by RF to 3 DECO nodes.  (N2, N3, N4)
3) DECO node "N4" connected through a wall by ethernet cable to another DECO node (N5)
4) DECO node "N5" connected by RF to DECO node "N6".
5) DECO node "N6" connects by short ethernet cables through the PoE adapter to Pharos CPE.

NOTE - when Pharos CPE is disconnected all 6 DECO nodes work properly.

Thank you,

Options
2020-12-04 23:14:41

@Mongoose47 

I'm thinking of a possible IP conflict?

I know with the Deco satellite systems you are not able to specify an IP so I wonder if whatever the CPE was given may be conflicting. Does the CPE have an IP in the same DHCP pool of the Deco or has an IP similar to the other nodes?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1095

Replies: 3