Range extender wtih external antenna

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-17 16:54:59

I'm looking for a range extender for my RV but I need it to have the ability to add an external (outside) antenna. Any suggestions?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Range extender wtih external antenna
2020-11-18 16:54:27

@MattinNC 

Our range extender antennas are fixed.

However,  you can try our access point (TL-WA801ND) which has two detachable antennas (2.4G only) and can be configured to be a range extender.

Options
2020-11-19 13:47:01

@Tony Thanks for your reply. 2 questions.

1) Would the TL-WA901ND also work?

2) II thinking I would remove one antenna and then connected an outside antenna. If so, would the device be able to pick up on the outside wifi as well as use the inside antennas for repeating the signal?

Thanks again..

Options
2020-11-19 23:23:19

@MattinNC 

1. You could as that has detachable antennas too.

2. We recommend replacing all antennas with the same model external antenna as using one may be unpredictable performance. So if you do go ahead with one external antenna try each antenna slot to see if one works better over the other two. If it just doesn't work, then all three may need to be replaced.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 643

Replies: 3