tp-link

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

tp-link

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
tp-link
tp-link
2020-11-18 09:07:24
Model: TL-WR802N  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hey there

I wanted to use the tp-link Nano Router to use a "free" Wlan that is provided for customers of an internet provider. Normally you would enter login credentials (username/password) to access it.

I tried to set up the tp-link Router as a PPPoE-connection with my login but I don't get an IP (Wan) and therefore does not seem to get an Internet connection (blinking tp-link). I even tried to put in the DNS-Server I saw on my Phone when I connect to that wlan. 

Does anyone have an idea on how I could set that wlan up over the nano router so I don't have to give everyone my personal login credentials (that can be used in the whole country)? That was actually the reason I bought that router in the first place :-)

Thanks for any inputs
Michelle

Options
2 Reply
Re:tp-link
2020-11-18 18:03:20

@Swisselle 

I think you may be connecting the router to a DSL modem. If so, that modem may already be using the credentials so if you set up the router as a dynamic connection does it get internet automatically?

Options
Re:tp-link
2020-11-18 19:11:40

@Tony 

It is a wlan from a provider (like public wlans but you need a user and a password to access it), accessible in public spaces.

There's no modem I can attach it to. I wanted it to set up as a WISP so other can connect to that wlan without me having to share my login credentials

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 396

Replies: 2

Related Articles