Install/Setup Q, do BOTH switches in 3 way setup need to be HS210, or just 1?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-18 14:51:12
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've searched purchase material, and online, can't find an answer.

Do BOTH switches in a 1-light, 2 switch 3 way wiring need to be HS210, or just 1?

If I want to control circuit via google/alexa, and the switches, do I replace both switches, and pair them together, or can I replace just 1 in the circuit?

I bought the HS210kit, with 2 switches but now wife would like 2 separate circuits controlled, not sure if I need another kit, or just use an existing non-smart switch on each circuit.

Thanks for help.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Install/Setup Q, do BOTH switches in 3 way setup need to be HS210, or just 1?
2020-11-18 18:07:42

@flipr29 

Yes, you can just put a HS210 on one three-way switch. The recommendation is to place the switch on the outlet that has the power. What happens when the smart switch is on the opposite end is you will need to turn off the switch twice in the app or the status of the light doesn't reflect it correctly in the app. So if you install it, and the switch works odd, place it on the other outlet.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1199

Replies: 1

Related Articles