How to choose 2.4ghz while setting up wifi devices that support only 2.4ghz speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to choose 2.4ghz while setting up wifi devices that support only 2.4ghz speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-18 20:22:58
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have setup Deco X60 with one SSID that i believe set for both frequency 2.4ghz and 5ghz. While setting up wifi devices like light bulb that support only 2.4ghz through smart life app,  which require your phone/table to connected with 2.4ghz SSID at the time of setting up this devices. 

Now, having the same SSID for both, how to determine if my phone is connected to which frequency or is there a way to choose / split 2.4ghz and 5ghz?

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to choose 2.4ghz while setting up wifi devices that support only 2.4ghz speed
2020-11-18 20:35:04

I thought let me share what I found here.. 

You can go to more and wifi setting in deco app. There is an option to enable/disable particular network 2.4 or 5ghz. So during the setup of devices that support only 2.4ghz, I would temporary disable 5ghz network so that phone/tablet is connected to 2.4 and you can complete the rest of the setup. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 790

Replies: 1